There is mounting evidence that eating enough fruits and vegetables each day contributes to a heart-healthy diet. It is a good idea to incorporate fruits and veggies into every meal to reach the optimal daily allowance. For some people, eating enough fruits and vegetables can be a challenge. Wholefood supplements like Juice Plus+ can help you achieve the balanced diet you need for a heart-healthy lifestyle. Research shows:
JUICE PLUS+ CONTRIBUTES TO CARDIOVASCULAR WELLNESS.
Research subjects who consumed Juice Plus+ were better able to maintain the normal, healthy elasticity of arteries, even after a high-fat meal; maintain normal levels of homocysteine, a waste product associated with heart health; and demonstrated positive effects on several other measures of vascular health.
University of Maryland School of Medicine
University of Sydney in Australia
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
The following are easy and delicious recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner that incorporate fruits and vegetables to promote heart health.
Breakfast: Raspberry Banana Smoothie
This tasty Juice Plus complete smoothie is a wonderful heart-healthy breakfast to start the day. The raspberries provide antioxidants.
The magnesium and potassium help lower blood pressure and controls your weight by keeping you full and satisfied until lunch time. Juice Plus complete is a full meal replacement providing all the nutrients of a healthy breakfast.
- 2 tsp ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup Almond breeze or Rice dream
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/3 of a ripe banana
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 scoop of Juice Plus Complete
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (optional)
- 3 ice cubes
Combine all ingredients in a blender. Mix for one minute, and serve immediately.
Lunch: Pear and Walnut Salad
This heart smart pear and walnut salad is a wonderful lunch that is rich in antioxidants and high in fiber.
- 3 tablespoons of pear nectar
- 1 tablespoon of seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon of coarsely ground fresh black pepper
- 2 cups of salad greens, such as a combination of romaine, Bibb lettuce and arugula
- ½ medium ripe pear, cored and sliced thinly
- 14 small red onion, sliced thinly and separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts, toasted
- Vinaigrette: Whisk pear nectar, vinegar, pepper and oil in a small bowl.
Arrange salad greens on plates. Top the greens with pear slices, red onion and toasted walnuts.
Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve immediately.
Dinner: Garbanzo-Veggie Stir-Fry
This satisfying vegetarian dinner incorporates vegetables, garbanzo beans, heart-healthy olive oil and fresh herbs.
- 1 15-ounce can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large zucchini, halved and sliced
- ½ cup of fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh oregano, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium low heat. Stir in the garlic, basil, oregano and pepper. Add the zucchini and garbanzo beans. Stir well to coat with oil and herbs. Cover and cook for 19 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in mushrooms and cilantro. Cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Put the chopped tomato over the top of the mixture, cover, and let it steam for a few minutes. Serve immediately.
These recipes contain many of the fruits and vegetables that contribute to the optimal daily allowance. With good meal planning and wholefood supplements like Juice Plus+, you can be sure to get everything you need for a heart-healthy diet.